Another day of work and we managed to beat the rain to finish the last 3 purlins. I woke up ridiculously early and it was good building weather so I woke poor Josh up after only 6 hours sleep - surprisingly he was willing to do some work.
It was all relatively easy since we have had so much practice that we know the drill now. Josh did all the measuring and clamping and setting up, and then I went and drilled all the screws in between. The drilling the screws in is the easy part, the hard part is climbing up the ladder with a heavy drill and standing in the right angle and height in order to screw it without a chance of falling down if the drill mucks up somehow. Unfortunately, just as we figured out how to do it perfectly we have finished the job - now we have to start from scratch and learn the next one!
We have piled the merbau for the decking in its own neat pile, which looks very nice. This won't be our next step though, next will be the sisalation to go on the roof and then topped with zincalume roofing sheets. I have done some measurements to try and figure out how many sheets will go across each side of the roof and how much overlap will be on each one to make a neat finish on the far side. The rest of the week is meant to be rain, so will focus on other things for the time being.